UK based Birkbeck Babylab is studying how babies learn about the world, and in this particular study it’s trying to throw new light on the workings of babies’ brains by investigating laughter at an early age.
You can participate in this study from home by:
- submitting a video of your baby laughing
- submitting an online baby laughter field report that covers questions like what particular incident made the baby laugh, who was present, what was so funny?
The study is hoping to answer questions like:
- do children laugh at the same things as adults
- at what age are children able to understand more complex jokes
- why do children laugh more than adults
Action available worldwide.